Friends of Headwaters is a group, under the umbrella of Redwood Parks Association, that is committed to supporting the long-term stewardship and enjoyment of the Headwaters Forest Reserve. This group came together in 2014 through the generous support of the Bureau of Land Management (BLM), Humboldt State University, Redwood Parks Association, and the Conservation Lands Foundation. Visit the Friends of Headwaters facebook page for up-to-date information.
- California Department of Fish and Wildlife has a conservation easement, and a management plan for Headwaters. The California state easement gives the state oversight responsibility to ensure "all human activities with the Headwaters Forest shall be consistent with the stated goals and purposes..." The California Department of Fish and Wildlife represents the state's interest.
- Pacific Coast Fish, Wildlife and Wetlands Restoration Association (PCFWRA) in coopertion with BLM staff, implements road removal and erosion control projects in the Headwaters Forest Reserve.
- California Conservation Corps assists in on-going efforts to maintain trails, remove invasive weed infestations and improve salmon habitat in the Headwaters Forest Reserve.
- California State Parks partners in encouraging youth that outdoor is cool. Using diverse media to reach youth ages K-12 and encourage them to explore public lands in their backyard.
- Eureka Court and Community School and East High Fortuna participate in service learning projects such as native flora plantings and assiting in rebuilding historic structures. Service Learning is a project developed by the BLM where students gain experience contributing and putting forth effort into our school and community.
- Americorps Watershed Stewards Project and Americorps Youth Serve assist management staff with both salmon habitat restoration and youth service learning projects.
- Humboldt State University assists management staff in acheiving their management goals which includes continued research on redwood forest ecology.
If you are interested in volunteering with the BLM in Headwaters, please contact Julie Clark at: firstname.lastname@example.org
If you would like to become a member of the Friends of Headwaters, or are interesting in volunteering for the Friends of Headwaters, contact Joanna at: email@example.com